Celebrity Chefs Tempt Guest Tastes With Fundrasier in Orlando
World Renowned Chefs Tempt Guests’ Tastes with Fundraiser in Orlando – 25 Celebrity Chefs Cooking Live Gives Guests Culinary Experience of Lifetime.
ORLANDO, FL—November 20, 2009—People need to save room after Thanksgiving dinner for an evening of fantastic foods, wines, desserts and chocolates at “A Night of Extreme Taste” fundraising event on Thursday, December 3, from 7pm—11pm EST at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, 4012 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL. Orlando kicks off this culinary foodie event series, presented by The Jerome Girardot Fund, followed by celebrity chef events in Washington, DC and Chicago.
The Jerome Girardot Fund was established to celebrate the life and memory of master Chocolatier and Ritz-Carlton Chef Jerome Giradot, who died in February 2009. Jerome has been quoted as saying “Anything you can see or imagine I can create in chocolate”. Proceeds of the event will establish a fund for Jerome’s young children, ensuring their education as they grow.
Orlando’s “A Night of Extreme Taste”, emceed by Keegan Gerhard from the Food Network, will feature more than 13 savory action stations, three dessert action stations and a grand dessert buffet prepared by 25 of the nation’s most talented chefs, complemented by fine wine and spirits.
This fundraiser series has been organized by: Laurent Branlard, Executive Pastry Chef, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel; Stephane Cheramy, Executive Pastry Chef with the J.W. Marriott & The Ritz Carlton Orlando; Jerome Landrieux, Chocolate Academy Director with Chocolate Academy Cacao Barry; and David Serus, Executive Chef with The Ritz-Carlton Washington DC.
Guests’ palettes will be delighted with this unique culinary experience. “The average price for a nice tasting menu at a 5-star restaurant is at least $200 dollars. For $95, the guests will have a lifetime experience with 25 celebrity chefs cooking for them live,” according to Branlard.
The participating chefs, who have joined together in the spirit of generosity to honor the late Jerome and to help provide for his surviving family, will recreate some of their most famous dishes for guests to savor, complemented by fine wine and spirits.
Event attendees will have unlimited access to stations serving Foie Gras Terrine, Scallop Ceviche, Colorado Lamb, Rouget, Pumpkin Gnocchi, Hudson Valley Duck breast, Braised Veal Cheek, Lobster and Caviar, Australian Waggyu and many more culinary creations. The grand dessert buffet will feature more than 20 different pastry selections.
“The guests will be able to meet the participating chefs and share great conversations while enjoying cocktails, wine, champagne and beer tastings,” Branlard adds. “We also have an amazing entertainment and a crazy room set up. The guests will be very impressed by this event.”
Cocktails will be especially prepared by World Class Mixologist David Ortiz, while guests listen to Fernando Varela, Chris Chan and Geoff Manthorn from Ace of Cakes.
In addition to the delectable offerings, every guest will receive a box of chocolate truffles, exclusively created by four of the industry’s most renowned chocolatiers.
This event is open to the public. For ticket information, visit: www.jeromegirardotfund.com
A special room rate of $125 is available for attendees of “A Night of Extreme Taste” at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Please call 407-393-4000407-393-4000 to make your room reservation, and mention your attendance at this event to receive this special rate.
For interviews or images, please contact Jennifer Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-288-7483239-288-7483. For more information, please visit: www.jeromegirardotfund.com.
Celebrity Chefs participating in the Orlando “A Night of Extreme Taste” event on December 3, include:
- Laurent Pillard – Corporate Chef – Sleek Corporation/Hubert Keller
- Robert Ciborowski – Executive Chef – Swan & Dolphin Resorts
- Garett Gooch – Chef de Cuisine – The Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
- Joe Palma – Chef de Cuisine – West End Bistro by Eric Ripert
- Melissa Kelly – Chef/Owner – Primo Restaurants
- Norman Van Aken – Chef/Owner – Norman’s Restaurants
- Philippe Ruiz – Chef de Cuisine – La Palme d’Or, Biltmore Hotel
- Sean Woods – Executive Chef – The Ritz Carlton Orlando
- Mark Beaupre – Executive Chef – J.W. Marriott Orlando
- David Serus – Executive Chef – The Ritz Carlton Washington D.C.
- Jeff McInnis – Chef de Cuisine/Top Chef Co Star – The Ritz Carlton South Beach
- Clay Conley – Chef de Cuisine – Azul Restaurant/Mandarin Oriental
- Mike Voltaggio – Chef de Cuisine/ Co Star – Las Vegas Top Chef TV Show
- Frederic Loraschi – Chocolatier/Owner – Chocolats Frederic Loraschi
- Sebastien Thieffine – Executive Pastry Chef – The Ritz Carlton Naples Resorts
- Ewald Notter – World Pastry Champion/Owner – Notter School Orlando
- David Ramirez – Executive Pastry Chef – Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
- Frederic Monti – Corporate Pastry Chef – Pregel America
- Geoff Manthorn – Co- Star – Ace of Cakes TV show/Charm City Cakes
- Norman Love – Chocolatier/Owner – Norman Love Confections
- Keegan Gerhard – Pastry Chef/Host – Food Network Series/D Bar Desserts
- Laurent Branlard – World Pastry Champion – Swan & Dolphin Resort
- Jerome Landrieu – Chocolate Academy Director – Chocolate Academy Cacao Barry
- Stephane Cheramy – Executive Pastry Chef – J.W. Marriott & The Ritz Carlton Orlando
- Dimitri Fayard – World Pastry Champion/Owner – Vanille Patisserie
- David Ortiz – Master Mixologist/USBG President –
- Fernando Varela – Popular Tenor Song Stylist – Orlando, FL
- Chris Chan – Pianist – Vocalist – Entertainer – The Entertainment Company