Learn to cook with Love 2014 class schedule announced
FORT MYERS, Fla. (March 27, 2014) – Norman Love has announced the 2014 class schedule for chocolate making classes at Norman Love Confections.
Through September, the master chocolatier will share some of the techniques he uses to create the chocolate indulgences that are ranked No. 1 in the nation. Love, along with his award-winning team of artisan pastry chefs, will lead participants in the step-by-step process of making exquisitely beautiful chocolates and desserts.
Love has planned an assortment of evening classes that begin at 6:30 p.m. with a wine reception and typically end around 9:30 p.m.
- Easter Eggs: Create an Easter egg sculpture; cast, assemble and hand paint a dark chocolate egg; and create Swiss truffles to hide within it. The completed eggs will be artfully packaged for personal enjoyment or gifting. Dates: April 9 and 16
- Truffles: Master the 100-year-old art from the dark chocolate hand-formed truffle to the modern Swiss shell-filled truffle; students will take home the truffles they create. Dates: May 28 and Sept. 17
- Molded Candies: Learn how to make NLC’s famous jewel-like treasures from hand coloring to casting liquid chocolate and mixing the custom ganaches to fill the candies; then take home the treasures when done. Dates: May 14, July 9, Aug. 6 and 27
- Cookies: Become an NLC baker for the night; learn and create rich butter French Diamant, jam-filled Linzer cookies and warm baked chocolate chip cookies while learning secrets and techniques to make friends and family jealous. Dates: June 11 and Aug. 20
- Cupcakes: Learn how to construct custom cupcakes starting with the rich chocolate batter and toppings of fluffy butter-cream; sample vanilla-laden steps along the way and take home all your creations. Date: June 25 and Sept. 3
- Elegant Home Desserts: Learn the art of making elegant and delicious desserts that you can confidently make in a home kitchen from the popular liquid center chocolate cake to the classic and simplified soufflé. Date: July 23
- Chocolate and Wine Tasting: An elegant evening of chocolate and wine pairings hosted by Norman Love who will describe the unique qualities of each of the featured chocolates as well as the history of chocolate making and the processes used to create his famous confections; also learn about the art of selecting wines to enjoy with various kinds of chocolates and taste these pairings in raw and finished forms. Date: Sept. 24
“Our classes are perfect for those who define chocolate as one of the four basic food groups,” said Love. “Not only will attendees have the opportunity to see and be a part of what goes on behind the scenes, they will also be able to take home the chocolates they made themselves.”
The cost is $95 per person, per class. Classes are limited, so early reservations are encouraged. Due to health and safety regulations, closed toe shoes, minimal jewelry and sleeved shirts are required. For more information or to make reservations, call Lisa at 239-561-7215.
Norman Love Confections creates and distributes handcrafted artisanal chocolates from the Fort Myers corporate headquarters that encompasses both production and retail operations. The Fort Myers and Naples chocolate salons are stylish retail shops with an intimate ambience in which customers may purchase chocolates or linger over house-made pastries, gourmet coffees, lattes and smoothies.
The award-winning Fort Myers-based chocolatier has been lauded 13 times by a leading consumer ratings magazine including recognition six times for producing the best ultra-premium chocolates, and most recently as a Best Buy for Special Chocolates for Valentine’s Day 2014.
The Fort Myers Chocolate Salon, at 11380 Lindbergh Blvd., is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Naples Chocolate Salon, which also serves artisan gelato, at 3747 Tamiami Trail North in Parkshore Centre, is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Artisan Gelato by Norman Love, at 11300 Lindbergh Blvd., Suite 112, off Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers, east of I-75, is open Monday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information, visit www.normanloveconfections.com.
Sharon Arnold, Gravina, Smith, Matte & Arnold Marketing and PR, 239-275-5758, sharon (at) gsma.pro